The moment you knew that you’re going to have a trip with your Little one , you’re all smiles & looking forward to spending great moments with her. But all journey starts from packing your baggage. Packing for your Baby Travel bag can be tricky. Depending on your destination , choosing the things to stuff your Baby bag should be carefully done . For newbie Mamas like me , I was really excited to pack my daughter’s things for our first trip to Europe together. Let me share with you the essential things to pack for your child’s first trip. Here it is ;
MY ULTIMATE BABY HANDCARRY-TRAVEL BAG LIST
- Baby’s Formula and Extra Bottles .
- Diapers.Loads of it.Depending on type & availability in your destination.
- Hygenic Wipes.And more wipes.
- Baby Food or Cereals (2-3 bottles or pouches )
- Set of clothes (at least 2 onesies with long sleeves,pyjama,jacket,socks,Hats,plus clothes for her once you arrived )
- Small blanket (Could be used as a shield in the Bassinet & stroller)
- Favorite Toys,Books and Lovey if your child has one.
- Important Medications,including pocket Thermometer,medical prescriptions included.
- Pacifier with sling if your child uses one.(Take Extra just in case!)
- Baby Carrier or Sling.
- Snacks for your Baby like crackers,biscuits or any of her favorite food.
- Shoes or Sandals for your child.
- Sippy cups.(Extra sippy cup with water or her favorite drink )
- Bibs ( washable one is great!)
- Baby’s Toiletries (Pocket-sized diaper cream,small soap,lotion )
- Changing Pad
- Eating Utencils.
- Car Seat.
- Travel Crib/Cot/Stroller if you wish to bring one.
- Your iPad with her favorite nursery rhymes or songs.
I used to travel so light ,but when I had my daughter , it’s totally different . Having her own stuff in a separate luggage especially the bulky ones could totally keep up your sanity . Depending on the length of your travel and destination then you can gauge how much you bring for your child , but starting with the basics are always a good start .
- Babies are different from one another , so what works for me may not always work for you , but it always saves the day when we took extra care about the needs of our Little One. I am so glad that I have brought enough diaper s, milk & our own Baby food because although Emirates gave us baby food , i found out that my daughter doesn’t like to eat it. I brought a small can of formula with complete packaging to saves time in Customs check .The medical prescriptions were placed in ziploc bags,these made easy during our Customs check at AMS where they asked you to take out the medications from the bag.
- Make sure you have extra ziploc bags kept on side pockets to put on soiled clothings & dirty stuff. I recommend to invest in a good , durable bag with lots of space to fill up, with a wide straps for not to hurt your shoulders when you carry it and could withstand quick movements especially during x-ray scans in Airport.
I have flown with Emirates before and the new experience of flying with my Baby with them did not dissappoint me. With the A380 plane ,my daughter was mesmerized to see her favorite movie in ICE. It’s really a great feature to help entertain toddlers while on board. They are one Baby-Friendly airline and i was happy with the Bassinet, Changing tables and Baby stuff & Assistance they have provided to me during our Flight. It was an enjoyable flight.
How was your first trip with your baby? what’s in your Travel Baby bag?
Hope this helps, Enjoy the trip, Have fun & Safe Travels!
Thank you for reading !